Wednesday 10 October 2012

PAST/PRESENT/FUTURE.

ONCE YOU KNOW SOME THINGS YOU CAN'T UNKNOW THEM.
IT'S A BURDEN THAT CAN NEVER BE GIVEN AWAY.
—Alice Hoffman, Incantation
  

Singin' the blues about the burden of memory.
They say that sometimes you can 'forgive but not forget' which I can definately attest to.
It's a double edged sword.
Forgiveness is healing, it's a release from negative tension that you may hold on a topic. It is a conscious decision that you make to let go and move forward. It is HEALTHY.

Forgetting is a much longer process. One might hold onto a painful memory long after the event has happened, and even longer after forgiveness has been blessed.
Forgetting doesn't go hand in hand with forgiving, which makes the process of moving forward often difficult and arduous.


I can forgive people, for my own sanity. I can forgive people to keep myself flowing with positivity and not harbouring ill feelings or negative emotions.

but I cant simply forget what has happened, and at times, this makes me feel like I am swallowing metal.

Because I don't understand how people can simply be so GODDAMN FUCKING SELFISH.

life isn't about YOU.

It is about OTHERS.

Learn to Give. Learn to LIVE.


No comments:

Post a Comment