Thursday 13 September 2012

W.H AUDEN

"Poetry might be defined as the clear expression of mixed feelings." 


"He was my North, my South, my East and West,
My working week and Sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever:
I was wrong." 


"The way to read a fairy tale is to throw yourself in." 



"Love each other or perish" 



"How should we like it were stars to burn
With a passion for us we could not return?
If equal affection cannot be,
Let the more loving one be me." 



"Desire, even in its wildest tantrums, can neither persuade me it is love nor stop me from wishing it were." 



"Let all your thinks be thanks." 


"For the error bred in the bone of each woman and each man craves what it cannot have, not universal love but to be loved alone." 


No comments:

Post a Comment